Giving Students the Best, So They Can Be Their Best
Redbud Farm School offers two convenient campuses. Our Southwood Campus, located near SW 119th & May in Oklahoma City houses all of our Pre-K students, as well as THE STUDIO STEM lab. Our Penn Campus, located just south of SW 149th Street on Pennsylvania Ave in Oklahoma City houses our students in Grades Kindergarten through 6th Grade. Our main building, the “farmhouse”, is arranged to provide a comfortable, inviting, home-like atmosphere for our students.
The “living room” offers students a quiet place to relax while reading a good book or writing about their adventures in their daily farm journal. This area also provides an eating area that is used for indoor lunch, cooking classes, and for preparing the food from our garden. There are individual classrooms for math and science, language and literacy, and small groups. Students rotate between indoor classrooms and outdoor classrooms throughout the day.
Redbud Farm School cultivates academic excellence and spiritual development while stepping outside of the traditional classroom setting. Our farm provides unique opportunities for creative, hands-on learning, problem-solving, and basic life skills development while students tend to animals and gardens in an outdoor classroom experience.
What Makes Us Special?
1. Curriculum and instruction aligned with Oklahoma Academic Standards
2. Hands-on and engaging learning environment
3. Individualized instruction and small group learning
4. Indoor & outdoor classrooms
5. Students help care for animals and gardens on campus
6. Positive student/teacher relationships
7. High levels of family and community involvement
8. Focus on social/emotional development, problem-solving, independence, and creativity
Our program focuses on high academic standards in a fun and engaging environment. We have animals and gardens on campus that students help care for. Our daily schedule alternates between learning in a “home-like” indoor classroom to well-developed outdoor classrooms. Relationships between students, teachers, parents, and the community is a major focus of our program.
Benefits of Farm School Learning
The curriculum at Redbud Farm School is like no other in the Moore and South Oklahoma City area. While working in our indoor and outdoor classrooms, students are engaged in projects and activities that meet stringent learning standards as well as:
• Improved confidence, self-esteem, concentration, communication, problem-solving skills
• Improved motor skills including both large and fine motor
• Appreciation for the environment and knowledge of where our food comes from
• Knowledge of community resources and the environment
• Safe risk-taking opportunities
• Increased creativity
• Improved self-regulation and independence skills
• Improved learning and cognitive function including patience and concentration
• Comfortable home-like environment
• Enhanced teamwork and communication abilities
• Develops leadership skills
Redbud Farm School is now accepting applications for the 2023/2024 school year. Students in Grades K through 6th Grade will be located at our Penn Campus. Students in Grades K3 & K4 will be located at our Southwood Campus.
The process begins with your school tour to visit our school. During the tour at our school, we invite you to observe one of our classrooms to see how our teachers interact with our students. Following this, you will promptly hear back from Redbud Farm School and you will be requested to fill out and send us an Application Form.
“We came From public school where often times my kids came home tired, exhausted mentally and quite grumpy. It’s been like night and day since they’ve come here to do school on the farm. My kids come home full of energy as they get into the car excited to tell me about their day in all the things they’ve learned in all the fun they had with their friends. They learn worship songs,They tell me about their teachers what their likes and dislikes are and they have actual real conversations with them. Ms. Erin is the one who runs the school and I have to say that I have never met another woman whose heart and love is so pure for the Passion that she has with teaching and teaching not only numbers in reading but also the love and grace of God. Truly an amazing teacher Our family will be going to RedBud until they age out.”
“Truly an incredible place for children! Goodness & kindness, almost as good as home.”
“Glad we found this school . The teachers make learning fun for the children. They love going to RedBud Farm School”